ECS is reopening for limited in-person learning
Thank you to all of our families who responded. We are preparing transportation, the classrooms, and our procedures to make it safe and successful for all who have applied. We are pleased to announce that we were able to safely provide a social-distanced classroom for anyone who requested.
- We will consider expanding in-person learning further in the near future, pending further guidance from the state education department. For now, the obstacle remains social distancing in classrooms and on buses.
- For our in-person families, we will be sending detailed information and requirements shortly.
- Online families, rest assured, we are still 100% committed to your children, as all children are receiving the same program of instruction and expectations.
The in-person schedule is four days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:15 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Your child's class-times will be the same as the online schedule. Classrooms and common areas are deep-cleaned on Wednesdays, and students will report for online for morning meeting with the online students.
Program and Protocols
Whether your child attends in-person or online, we are still teaching the same program. If you prefer to stay online, rest assured your child will receive the same time and attention as the in-person students. If your child attends in-person schooling, we will have the following protocols in place:
- Students must follow directives of Transportation Department
- Mandatory electronic temperature scans upon arrival
- Daily COVID exposure questionnaire
- Masks required at all times except lunch
- Lunch will be served in the classroom
- Enhanced disinfection protocols on student areas and bathrooms
- Students with any COVID symptom will go into quarantine and must picked up within 2 hours.
- Children who cannot follow safety guidelines will return to online learning
You must have access to transportation should your child present any COVID symptoms as determined by the school nurse. Failure to pick up a child in a timely manner will result in returning to online learning until all students may return.